From Saturday, February 25 to Tuesday, February 28, our culinary team is rolling out a special three-course prix fixe Mardi Gras menu in addition to Habitat's regular menu. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Pork Gumbo $9
Tasso ham, slab bacon, pork shoulder, okra, brown rice
Frog Legs $14
Buttermilk-marinated, Tabasco, garlic puree, parsley sauce
Crawfish Gnocchi $28
Potato gnocchi, crawfish broth, Creole cream, tomato, chives
Fried Chicken Thigh $28
Chickpea porridge, double-smoked bacon, jalapeño, brown chicken jus
Traditional King Cake $9
Join us in the Habitat kitchens each month for these demonstration-style classes taught by the Habitat chefs. Learn recipes, tips and tricks of the trade, and get a behind-the-scenes experience in our kitchens. Then enjoy the "fruits of chef's labor" with a delicious lunch at Habitat. Perfect for foodies and cooks of all experience levels!
Classes take place the first Saturday of every month (with the exception of February 11) from 1-3 p.m. and cover a variety of topics. Cost is $69 per person per class, and includes an apron and lunch. For reservations, contact Habitat at 412-773-8848.
- February 11, 2017 – Romantic Dinner for Two A tutorial of effective preparation of a dinner for two – just in time for Valentine’s Day
- March 4, 2017 – St. Paddy’s Day For the love of all things Irish
- April 1, 2017 – Sushi and Sake Traditional Japanese sushi preparation and the world of sake
- May 6, 2017 – Tour de France Classic regional French cuisine
- June 3, 2017 – Italian Cuisine Made Easy An overview of homemade Italian favorites
(Additional dates TBA)