Buena Vista Wine Dinner
Habitat, Fairmont Pittsburgh's signature restaurant, will host a unique wine dinner on Tuesday, April 4 at 6 p.m. Enjoy wines from Buena Vista Winery, California's first premium winery, founded in 1857 by Agoston Haraszthy, the "Count of Buena Vista." The "Count," as played by character actor George Webber, will host a vivacious evening of entertainment while sharing the Sonoma winery's rich history and varietals. Executive Chef Jason Dalling and Pastry Chef James Wroblewski have crafted a classic, five-course French menu to pair with the exclusive wines.
The cost is $95 per person and includes a five-course dinner paired with exclusive wines and entertainment. Call 412-773-8848 to make a reservation.
Join us in the Habitat kitchens each month for these demonstration-style classes taught by the Habitat chefs. Learn recipes, tips and tricks of the trade, and get a behind-the-scenes experience in our kitchens. Then enjoy the "fruits of chef's labor" with a delicious lunch at Habitat. Perfect for foodies and cooks of all experience levels!
Classes take place the first Saturday of every month (with the exception of February 11) from 1-3 p.m. and cover a variety of topics. Cost is $69 per person per class, and includes an apron and lunch. For reservations, contact Habitat at 412-773-8848.
- February 11, 2017 – Romantic Dinner for Two A tutorial of effective preparation of a dinner for two – just in time for Valentine’s Day
- March 4, 2017 – St. Paddy’s Day For the love of all things Irish
- April 1, 2017 – Sushi and Sake Traditional Japanese sushi preparation and the world of sake
- May 6, 2017 – Tour de France Classic regional French cuisine
- June 3, 2017 – Italian Cuisine Made Easy An overview of homemade Italian favorites
(Additional dates TBA)